“UrbanAsia”

I felt that I had built enough pieces to create the urban scene that I wanted.  The experiment was a success! It is fully possible to use SmartFolders in Cheetah 3D to lay out pieces created in seperate files and render a proper scene.  This is great news for my future projects.

I wanted to get a different kind of look for this render so I went with matte white.  No specular, no normal maps, nothing.  Nothing except polygons and the lighting engine inside of Cheetah.  I took the roof off because it really lets the sunshine in and blasts out the white to nice full range of gray tones.

Several shots for this one!

:: click for a larger version ::

:: click for a larger version ::

:: click for a larger version ::

Everything modeled and rendered in Cheetah 3D.

Tags: ,

7 Responses to ““UrbanAsia””

1. Ray says:

That turned out really swanky, sir. How’d the experiment with nested assets in Cheetah 3D work?

2. Warren says:

Thanks man!

Hey, you’re looking at it. All of those assets were imported via Smart Folders so I’d say it worked fine.

I don’t like how it brings EVERYTHING in from the external files including stuff like cameras. I added a feature request to the Cheetah board for a “Smart Folder” tag or something where you could tag things in your external scenes and tell them NOT to import into other scenes that may want to include them. Hope he adds it in a future version once he’s done futzing with the renderer.

3. Ray says:

Ahh, I can sort of guess how that’d shitfuck things. Is there mirroring yet?

4. Warren says:

There’s the symmetry modifier which basically works if you want to mirror as you’re building stuff. Mirroring after the fact … I guess you could set the pivot where you want it, copy/paste the stuff you want mirrored and negative scale it. Might work. Heh.

5. Dave Ellis says:

Looks really smart, what have you got going on in terms of lighting? I like the stark white style

6. carpet hole repair While they work, they are worth and don’t save you time if you afraid that the cleaning didn’t do a half an hour. Dirt and dust mites. Experts are skilled in this area and replace it with hot water from the front entry hall through the process step by step.

7. click this says:

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually recognise what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Please also visit my web site =). We will have a hyperlink change agreement between us